The Graduate School of Business and Leadership (GSB&L) offers a Master of Commerce (Leadership Studies) Programme by supervised research.
- An appropriate four-year degree at Honours level or equivalent.
- A candidate must be committed to rigorous research in an applied context; high-intensity learning that stretches you intellectually and practically; contributing to knowledge in the field of leadership and cognate areas in Africa and globally; and making a positive difference to organisations, communities or society.
- Prospective students (who may originate from any disciplinary background) will undergo a rigorous process of selection.
Areas of specialisation
The staff at the GSB&L has interests in a variety of Leadership areas and prospective students are invited
to discuss aligned interests with them. Below are the areas of specialisation:
- Leadership in Social Partnership Contexts
- Leadership and Corporate Citizenship
- Leadership, Local Government and Local
- Economic Development
- Leadership and Learning in Organisations
- Leadership and Strategic Development
- Leadership and Whole Systems Change
- Modelling and Managing Complex Social Systems
- Leading and Managing Transformational Change
- Comparative Philosophies and Traditions of Leadership
- Leadership, Organisational Ecology and Sustainability
- Leadership and Transformative Learning
- Leadership, Group Intelligence and Creativity
- Leadership, Value Systems and Change
The Programme can be completed through one year of full-time study or two years part-time study.
Full-time research masters students qualify for full fee remission for the minimum duration of the degree, subject to satisfactory progress requirements being met. This applies to all students, i.e. local, SADC and international, who are full-time students (not studying on a part-time basis), who register for the first time for a full research masters degree by dissertation (i.e. not by coursework and dissertation). Minimum duration means one year or two semesters.
Applications will need to be made online at – Click here
Closing date for applications
Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 1383