The purpose of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management is to equip candidates with broad-based
theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the field of management. It will enhance their capacity for lifelong
learning, which will improve their decision making potential.
Deep reflection and awareness of the socio-economic and environmental context of business underpins all the
Programme Teaching Method
The programme is offered in part-time mode only, over one year.Students can register for either evening or block release classes.
- Block release PGDBM:
Lectures will be held in 4 blocks per semester. Each block consists of 4 consecutive full day lectures (8h00 – 17h00). Lectures are held at the Westville Campus and start in 2018.
- Part-time PGDBM:
Lectures are held Monday – Thursday from 18h00 – 20h30. Sometimes lectures are re-scheduled on Friday evenings or Saturday during the day. Lectures are held at the Westville Campus and start 2018.
- Business Research Methodology
- Principles of Business Leadership and Management
- Economics for Managers
- Accounting for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing for Managers
- Theory and Practice of Entrepreneurship
Cost of the Programme
TThe 2017 PGDBM cost is R26 240. To download fee structure click here
Although advantageous, students are not expected to possess any prior management knowledge or skills.
Work experience,however, is essential for students to understand and apply the skills and knowledge obtained on the programme. The minimum entry criteria are based on the recommendations of the CHE and the historic practices of the Graduate School of Business and Leadership and other South African business
- Have a matriculation exemption
- Hold an NQF level 7 qualification
Applications will need to be made online at – Click here
Documentation needed upon application:
- Certified copies of completed degree/s and academic records for each
2. Certified copy of matric certificate and ID
3. Proof of payment of application fee
4. International students require a SAQA evaluation certificate to evaluate your degree according to South African standards. In this regard please contact SAQA direct on 012-4315000 email@example.com
NB: All certified copies must not be older than 3 months of certification date:
Closing date for applications
For more information contact e-mail to Zikhona Majapelo : Mojapelo2@ukzn.ac.za