Special Honours Bursaries
Special Honours Bursary – Checklist
The dynamic and competitive business environment requires competent specialists with more than just a basic understanding of business concepts but with expert knowledge of specific business functions. To stand out above the rest one needs to have competitive advantage over ones peer group.
The College of Law and Management Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is opening doors for learning to those individuals who are interested in becoming specialists in various fields of management studies. Twenty Special Honours Bursary packages valued at R20 000 each are available to students interested in pursuing their Honours Degree in selected areas of management studies on a full-time basis.
Important Information/ Checklist
– We must know how your family is being financially supported i.e. income must be recorded on the application form.
– If biological parents are alive, please attach marriage certificate. Grandparents and other family members are not acceptable as guardians without legal documentation as proof.
– Before submitting your application form check that you have provided the following:
- Proof of all incomes listed (e.g. payslip not more than one month old, IRP 5 for commission salaries, letter from employer on official letterhead if no payslip, proof of UIF value, business accounts, letter of grant stating gross amount received, statement sworn before Commissioner of Oaths (for informal sector), retrenchment letter, pension proof with ID No., Department of Labour proof of unemployment and etc).
- If mother is a housewife, has the necessary affidavit been supplied?
- Proof of absence of one or both parents/guardian (e.g. certified marriage certificate plus copies of death certificate, divorce decree, separation order).
- Certified copy of South African ID document attached for self & parents/guardian.
- Academic record.
6) Return application to:
Student Funding Advisor
College of Law and Management Studies
Private Bag X54001
Hand deliver to the College Office:
|Howard College Campus||Westville Campus||Pietermaritzburg Campus|
|Room C514, Level 5, Shepstone Building||J235, 2nd Floor, J Block||House at No. 1 Golf Road|
7) Contact Details:
|Howard College Campus||Pietermaritzburg Campus||Westville Campus|
Mr Xolani Dludla
Tel: 031-260 1106
Mr Sandile Ndimande
Tel: 033-260 5757
Mr Bongumusa Gasa and Ms Merci Rajkumar
Tel: 031-260 839 / 8044