We offer Undergraduate degrees in Law which include a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Management which include a Bachelor of Commerce: General (BCom), Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting (BCom Accounting), Bachelor of Business Science: General, Bachelor of Administration (BAdmin), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and the alternative access programme the Bachelor of Commerce: Extended Curriculum (BCom 4) and Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting: Extended Curriculum (BCom 4 Acc). For more information on these degrees and their entrance requirements please check out our prospectus here: https://goo.gl/ELbs4o
We also offer Postgraduate degrees for more information on these degrees and their entrance requirements please check out our prospectus here: https://clms.ukzn.ac.za/postgraduate-information/postgraduate-programmes/
Our College is one of the four College’s at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). Our law degree is offered at Howard College Campus and the Pietermaritzburg Campus. Our management degrees are offered at the Westville Campus and Pietermaritzburg Campus.
The minimum requirements for our LLB programme are as follows:
- A National Senior Certificate with degree admission; English Home Language level 5 or English First Additional Language Level 6;
- Mathematical Literacy level 5 or Mathematics level 3;
- Life Orientation level 4; minimum composite Academic Point Score 32 excluding Life Orientation.
- For our Bachelor of Commerce-General which allows for specialisation in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resources Management, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Public Administration you need a English and LO at level 4 and Maths at level 4 and a minimum of 30 points.
- For our Bachelor of Commerce Accounting, you need a minimum of 32 points, Maths at level 5 and English and LO at level 4.
- For a Bachelor of Business Science -General you need Maths at level 6 and English and LO at level 4 and a minimum of 33 points.
- For our Bachelor of Administration which sees graduates work in the public sector or in media and non-governmental organisations you need English and LO at level 4, Maths at level 3 and a minimum of 28 points.
- For our Bachelor of Business Administration which is offered through Evening Classes with career areas including specialisation on General Management, Economics, Financial Management, Information Systems, Marketing Management, Media, Human Resources Management, Public Relations and Training you need a minimum of 28 points, English and LO at level 4 and Maths at level 3.
ALTERNATIVE ACCESS PROGRAMME
- For our Bachelor of Commerce (Extended Curriculum) (B COM 4 General) and Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (Extended Curriculum) (B COM 4 ACC)
Three-year B Com or B Com Accounting degrees extended over four years.
- Three-year B Com or B Com Accounting degrees extended over four years. The B Com requires NSC Degree with APS of 30, English (HL or FAL), Mathematics and LO Level 4. Applicants who have not met Level 4 Mathematics but have Level 3 Mathematics will be streamed into the foundation year
- B Com Accounting requires NSC-Deg with APS of 32 with English (HL or FAL), Mathematics Level 5 and LO Level 4. Applicants who have not met Level 5 Mathematics but have Level 4 Mathematics will be streamed into the foundation year.The one year foundation provision follows a full foundational model with students completing six foundational modules.
If you are an international student you must apply to UKZN directly at http://applications.ukzn.ac.za close on September 30
You can upgrade your matric or explore alternative access programme as your application will not be considered if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
No bridging/access courses are offered by the College of Law and Management Studies. There are bridging/access courses offers by UKZN Extended Learning please learn more about them here: https://ukznextendedlearning.com/course-category/bridging-access.
To check your UKZN Application Status go to: https://caocheck.ukzn.ac.za/Start.aspx. Select Application Year (e.g 2018 or 2019) and Enter one of the following: CAO, UKZN Student, ID or Passport Number and click Check button. It’s that easy!
To accept this offer you have to complete the relevant forms, pay the acceptance fee like this: Bank transfer/payment of deposit into the following UKZN tuition fee account:
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Name of Account: UKZN Student Deposit
- Type of Account: Business Current Account
- Account Number: 05 308 1072
- Branch: Westville
- Branch Code : 045426
- ef: Use your UKZN student number provided in your SMS starting with 219…
Use the required deposit slip for payment at any Standard Bank. Ref: Use your UKZN student number provided in your SMS starting with 219…
and follow all the processes as listed on: http://saa.ukzn.ac.za/Libraries/Indemnity/Accepting_an_offer_2019.sflb.ashx. Please accept the offer within 3 days by completing the relevant forms (which can be downloaded on the website. If you do not accept the offer within 3 days, the offer will be withdrawn and you will not be allowed to register at UKZN. The place will be offered to another applicant because the university receives more applications than it can accommodate
You must fill in a change of mind form found here: http://www.cao.ac.za/applicationforms/changeofmindrequest.pdf and send it back to CAO but your acceptance will depend on whether you meet the requirements for that course and if there is still space.
Yes, an applicant is required to make a new application for their intended term of study.
For Enquiries contact our College Office using the following contact details:
HOWARD COLLEGE: (031) 260 2151/2152
PIETERMARITZBURG: (033) 260 5014/6207
WESTVILLE: (031) 260 2216
Or visit the College of Law and Management Studies website for more information: https://clms.ukzn.ac.za